Guidance is prepared to help veterinarians deal with specific issues in practice. It presents a good way of applying professional standards but this may not be the only way.
Veterinarians can safely rely on our guidance but they do not have to follow it if they believe another approach is better, provided it complies with our standards and statements and they apply good professional judgment. Because our guidance is specific, it won’t apply in every situation.
- Recent changes to penicillin withholding periods
- Remote Veterinary Care (Telehealth and Telemedicine)
- Anaesthetic Monitoring
- Dealing with cases of suspected or actual animal abuse and family violence
- Social media
- Veterinarians' role in Maintaining New Zealand's Biosecurity
- Non-consented human medicines used by veterinarians
- Mentoring Guidelines
- Dry Cow Antibiotic Therapy